Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.4
Posted on February 8th, 2019 02:21 PM EST
Hi Galactic Survivalists!
We just released the EXPERIMENTAL version of Alpha 9.4, adding an all new planet, new block shapes, many model updates, new CV Cargo Container Models, dynamic grids for large cargo containers, a new grass shader, new HV thrusters, calculation of hitpoints and mass according to the shape of a block and a whole bunch of important bug fixes.
Please read here for the new bug reporting procedure: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...ort-template-requirements-known-issues.47118/
Thanks in advance for your feedback and bug reports.
CHANGELOG: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.4.0 (Build 2263)
Added new Planet “Barren Metal”:
- It is a highly radiated, dead planet with extreme temperatures
- Added BarrenMetal to random solar system generator
- Added new stamps and POIs for BarrenMetal
Added more shapes for Building Blocks:
- This is a first iteration to expand the shapes atlas (which was limited to 64 slots before).
- The shapes added right now are some of those that were created a while ago, but did not fit into the old atlas as it ran out of slots.
- We already created a list of desirable new shapes from all your suggestions (and beyond). Those will go in production soon, but it might take a while until more will be added (Alpha 10)
Note: We might move DoorFrame1 and DoorFrame2 into another group - so please do not yet use them for your creations until public release.
(thanks to Frigidman for this overview)
Model Update and Additions:
- Updated models of SV/HV Containers and Controllers
- Updated models of CV/BA Container Controllers
- Added new CV Cargo Containers (Palette)
- Added new plain emissive block texture (Xeno Steel)
- Updated Talon Crossbow model
- Updated sofa model
- Portal model has now a non-transparent backface to make clear that you cannot go through it
- Added 3 new HV Thrusters
- Updated Techtree for HV thrusters
- Added missing specs for some thrusters (temperature, radiation)
- Increased Thruster Force for all HV thrusters
- Balanced other parameters based on the changed Thruster Force for HV Thrusters
- Slightly adjusted SV Thrusters and Jet Thrusters
- Slightly adjusted CV Thrusters
- Using voxel shape of blocks to calculate their weight and hitpoints
- Added gameoptions.yaml parameter to limit the max number of spawned AI entities (MaxSpawnedEnemies): per default = 50
- Added dynamic grids for containers with VolumeCapacity larger than 8000 SU: the grids now extend if they are full
- Constructors using internal data containers (e.g. Portable Constructor) now also uses stuff from OUTPUT grid to craft next items
- Reduced impact of actions on reputation > Feedback required
- Removed motion sensor and light barrier sound > Feedback required
- Added Tx signal to Retractable Landing Gears
- Landing Gears are now visible in CP
- TotalHorror NPC: Reduced attack range and reduced probability to get AlienParasite
Major POI Update:
- Over 30 POIs adapted > Big Thanks to Taelyn, Fractalite, Frigidman and Pantera
- Abandoned Buildings: Switched most of the Aln Buildings to Flat spawners and set to "Static" so you can actually clear an area without respawns.
- Polars: Fixed door codes so you do not need to blast doors when on neutral/friendly/honored state.
- Fixed: Wrong y offset of POIs (some POIs were not lowered sufficiently into terrain)
Updated Grass shader:
- Better visuals (more realistic wind effect, grass looks wet when raining, etc)
- Better performance
- Updated "Shadows of Starlight" scenario and made it visible again: Thanks to ASTIC > Feedback required
- Updated SSAO / Bloom Effects: should now have less performance impact
- Better ordering of block stats (Mass, Volume higher up in list)
- Directional sensor tuning for AI: should improve direction in which do animals wander or run away from the player
- Updated gameoptions_example.yaml: added better descriptions and fixed several inconsistencies (it is now also generated for Default MP scenario)
- Updated Example Planet playfield_static.yaml
- Updated UI of "planet info" in-game (Planet Size: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large; Added Planet Difficulty; Removed Weather)
- Constructor Filter: Improved tooltip texts to better explain the filter's meaning
- Fixed: Landing gears animation stuck after removing other landing gears
- Fixed: Multiple NPC Trader spawn at one location after POI regenerates
- Fixed: T key not switching between player tool bar & virtual tool bar when using the personal drone.
- Fixed: When a AI Turret reloads on a vessel the mounted weapons will be forced to reload.
- Fixed: Problem that sometimes POIs were empty because NPCs have been despawned and did not reliably respaw when player re-enters POI (could happen especially for static spawners)
- Fixed: PDA not showing chapters in certain cases.
- Fixed: Strange cutout of stones in water on Alien Planet
- Fixed: Animals spawning inside freshly build POI
- Fixed: Superspeed glitch teleport to the end of the universe
- Fixed: Console command 'ag' not working properly
- Fixed: Problem that one could start in orbit in Akua-Omicron scenario and then fall on planet
- Fixed: Exception spam in client & PF logs due to AI Planet Vessel
- Fixed: When POI's with the 'BP flattens ground' box is checked the structures can get displaced & terrain can become deformed
- Fixed: Issue with selecting singleplayer & coop options in Start game menu > button was not always very responsive
- Fixed: AI Hint system: WormDesert did not react if another WormDesert was damaged
- Fixed: Problem that not all AI were able to “open doors” and “trigger sensors”
- Fixed: Telluropod not following you under water reliable
- Fixed: When copying a save game, the new created game copy does not get highlighted
- Fixed: Holographic screen was not switched off on Scifi Deco Table without power
- Fixed: Clustering in Terrain shader
- Fixed: Typos in PDA