Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
ALPHA 8.6: Bug Fixes and Improvements
Posted on September 6th, 2018 04:06 AM EST
Hi Galactic Survivalists,
After our big Anniversary update last week, today we are releasing a smaller update Alpha 8.6 with bug fixes and a few more additions, like a new planet type, more retractable turrets, as well as UI and visual improvements!
Please report bugs over here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-8-6-x-gameplay-read-introduction-before-reporting.43916
Emp Dev Team
CHANGELOG: Alpha 8.6.0 (Build 1867)
New Swamp Planet:
- Added new temperate swamp planet with a high biome diversity. The new planet can be found in the Random Default scenario and in the Akua-Omicron scenario as Roggery planet
- The planet includes more than 20 new POIs (thanks to binhthuy71, rainyday, Ramachandra, jmcburn, jrandall, Needleship for their POIs) and several new terrain stamps (2 biomes on this planet were inspired by Vexray's creations)
- Added retractable turrets for Bases and Hover Vessels
- Added Base Turrets in groups (similar to CV)
- Added retractable versions for alien sentry guns
- Added wall version for human sentry gun
- Added retractable version for all human sentry guns (and put into block group)
- Added Prefab Stock Tier 0 HV (very light, cheap and maneuverable by only using Hover Thrusters):
- Limiting camera third person zoom to 300 meter
- Survival Tool does not consume Stamina anymore
- Increased rotation speed of all sentry guns
- Re-added weapon name to right-bottom HUD
- Allow to select Structure type (BA, SV, CV, HV) and Object type for more menus (similar behavior as with Constructor): BP Menu (F2) and Creative Menu
- Added tooltips to N Building Menu (Build Settings Window)
- Updated preview icons for Plastic (darker to better distinguish from other blocks)
- Added new static image when using Warp Jump (instead of white screen)
- Re-added parallax high setting
- Updated Arid planet: Added Epsilon Main Radar Complex + Auxiliaries
- Added new POI: Xenu Fuel Storage (by fractalite): group name "XenuMain"
- Re-balanced NPC spawning on Temperate Starter planets (less spiders during night, more diversity in spawning)
- Re-balanced temperate starter (Default Scenario): starter POIs are now a bit closer to starter biome (ca 150m)
- Enhanced Deconstructor to deconstruct group block's children
- Furnace no longer shows construction queue (not needed since furnace does step-by-step auto-crafting)
- Non-retractable turrets occupy now 1 block space less in y direction
- Added console command ("unlockdevices", "ud") for unlocking all devices
- Added console command ("calcunlockpoints", "cup") that calculates how many unlock points are needed to unlock everything in all tech trees
- TurretTemplate is now exported to Config.ecf
- Reduced night light intensity on desert planet
- Fixed: Mounted weapons can't reload if some of the other mounted weapons are inactive
- Fixed: Instant reloading for retractable turrets by turning them on and off constantly
- Fixed: Sometimes when returning to docked vessels they can be positioned incorrectly but still docked.
- Fixed: Spawned docked ships don't move anymore if vessel it was docked to is gone
- Fixed: Problem that sold stacks to NPC Trader were not split properly
- Fixed: Coloring with Mirror plane does not work for several blocks (eg Windows, Railing etc)
- Fixed: Item dupe after playfield change (landing to planet)
- Fixed: Solar Panels only show one yellow dot after a few restarts / after a while
- Fixed: Solar panels calculate the sun at the wrong position in some cases
- Fixed: Solar energy production displays wrong numbers in some cases
- Fixed: Problem that block texture and color was not visible when using "Lock" feature in N Building Menu (Build Settings Window)
- Fixed: Sometimes when approaching a structure in a vessel the vessel will be slowed down or stopped for a few moments
- Fixed: Some underwater flora is transparent when SSAO is on low
- Fixed: Sometimes after leaving a planet a random POI is appearing close to the planet & the player can be teleported far away
- Fixed: Block preview not showing original texture when Lock mode is switched off
- Fixed: Sporadic problem that docked ships did float above the base after spawning and when returning to the server
- Fixed: Sporadic error "Error assigning texarray texture to 2D texture property"
- Fixed: When the player enters a planet from orbit you see for a split second the terrain close up
- Fixed: Sprinting into a cockpit keeps Stamina draining
- Fixed: Furnace idle/working mode not correct
- Fixed: Revealed sectors not displayed in scroll list in sector map.
- Fixed: Issue with Emissive textures with bloom enabled.
- Fixed: Terrain Placeables could be stacked on top of each other (Tents, Work Lights, Water Generator etc)
- Fixed: Custom new game name is reset after changing difficulty settings.
- Fixed: Slot info missing from Armor info UI.
- Fixed: Internal AI Exception
- Fixed: Page down camera glitch through ground
- Fixed: Several internal exceptions
- Fixed: “EnergyIn” is displayed at bottom for Drill Turret (and all other drills) in Block Info (unlike for other devices)
- Fixed: Upgrade Info in tooltip sometimes showing "null" (instead of "None")