v1.10.5 Experimental II
Posted on November 29th, 2023 10:20 AM EST
Welcome to the second release of Empyrion Galactic Survival v1.10.5 Experimental branch.
Please see the changelog for new additions to this release. We have also made the dedicated server files available for MP on the Experimental branch as of this release.
As always, we extend our gratitude for your unwavering support and valuable feedback throughout this experimental phase.
As always - please report each bug over here for this experimental release phase:
- Added a video option for AMD FSR2 + implementation & default settings:
We have added support for AMD’s FSR2 to our game which can be found at the bottom of the video options in the options menu.
FSR2 works by intelligently upscaling lower resolution frames to higher resolution ones, while preserving and enhancing the details and sharpness of the original image.
We recommend using FSR2 only with 4K and 2K resolutions, as these are the optimal settings for this technology. Using FSR2 with lower resolutions may result in blurry or pixelated images, as the upscaling process may not have enough information to work with. If you are using a lower resolution monitor or device, you may want to keep FSR2 disabled & use the native resolution of your screen.
Each mode has a different performance boost and a different image quality. FSR2 can help you increase your FPS and reduce your GPU usage, depending on your hardware, resolution, and scene complexity. However, FSR2 only works on GPU-bound scenarios, and it has some limitations and trade-offs.
- Added/updated POI (Kriel, RAV, Colonists, Talon'Ar; Thx to Don2k7, Stellar_Titan, Escarli, Matcz)
- Added new 'City Ruins' POI (by sulusdacor)
- Ground texture and deco tweaks for the following playfield types:
(Desert, MoonIce2, MoonNascent, Scorched, Snow, Arid, Barren, BarrenMetal, Lava, LavaNascent, Moon, MoonDesert, MoonIce, MoonLava, MoonLava2, Temperate, TemperatePlateau, TemperateSwamp, DesertBurn)
- Removed some texture artifacts
- Added all basic RockResources to each world.
- Scorched: Adjusted daylight intensity
- Changed some biomes in spawn order
- Fixes for some creatures not appearing
- Removed Plantation biome, renamed Sand biome into LavaPlains, SandDrift biome into LavaField, added LavaFolds biome
- Made playfield day darker again
- Tweaked ground fog strength and height variances
- Reduced atmosphere O2 percentage
- Changed music & description text
- Fixed O2 issue on Far Point Outpost (thx to AkevaBanshee)
- PDA *Signals are not working if player fly with vessel in area
- MP issue with constructors not showing animations
- Fixed Farr did not attack hostile players (please retest)
- Deconstructor animations are not triggering