v1.8 Experimental I
Posted on May 17th, 2022 05:48 AM EST
Welcome to the first round in the new Experimental version! As always, Experimental 1.8 will be divided into several phases. In the first stage we have a version for you, which mainly release the integration of the new features for testing, such as the new game start, the new tutorial and various technical functions, including to the PDA, servers and more!
You can find a list of the current contents of Experimental Phase 1 in the changelog below!
Please note that we have created specific areas for bugs as well as feedback in the Experimental forums linked below. Please use the pinned topics in the Feedback section to provide your feedback on specific new game features in Verison 1.8. This will help us tremendously in the ongoing evaluation and implementation of your suggestions!
As always please note:
Report bugs and issues right over here: https://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.34/
Fixed Experimental version bugs can be found there: https://empyriononline.com/forums/fixed.90/
We thank you already for your participation and all your feedback!
Eleon Dev Team
Version 1.8 will not be a savegame break BUT as always we recommend starting a new game in the Experimental Version. Although we try to avoid this, starting a new game may be necessary again in the next phases of the Experimental Version.
Because we added the new decoration to more planets, all our Official Servers will be wiped on the Public Release.
Important note for modders: You have to update Unity to v2021.3.2f1
We don't want to spoil too much here, so let's just say that the new game start has been completely reworked and may be very different from the previous game experience in the default scenario. Especially for players who have been in the game for a while, there might be some new strategies that can be pursued on the way up into space. Without giving too much away, it can be said that the starting playfield will not be limited to just one celestial body and that exploration will play a more important role than in the previous game start versions. However, as always, there are shortcuts for those who want to quickly launch into the galaxy.
The primary test focus of this first phase is about the content of the new tutorial (please see the notes below!) as well as the content of the planets (poi, quests, etc) on the Temperate Moon named Akua.
All other starter moons are playable in principle, but not yet tuned for survivability. HOWEVER, we also look forward to your play experience on the Snow, Barren, and Alien Swamp starter moons. Maybe their current setup is already interesting? Let us know!
Stay open minded and have fun! We are looking forward to your feedback!
- You CAN start on Snow, Barren and Alien Swamp starter moons BUT they are not yet fully set up for “survivability” in terms of resources, animals etc. Would be great to hear your feedback (and suggestions!) about their CURRENT state anyways! :)
- The first Tales of Tash log you find is possibly too low in volume and in german language. This is for EXP and for all non-english players to test if the text displayed can help to understand EVEN if you cannot follow the text that is voiced over! (Will be changed in the final version, though.)
- There are videos and pictures marked with WiP or visible not finalized. Will be changed.
- Quest item found messages might sometimes not be correct. (often happens when more than one quest is active on the same POI)
- FPS visible on game start video. Ignore. (All video and sound materials are added to show different art directions that can be explored for different situations, e.g. if you like different voices more than others or different visual experiences. Let us know!!)
- PDA tutorial tab has a lot of entries. Ignore. All of these are just visible for testing to see where things might break. All of them will be hidden in the final version (see ‘Debugging Notes’ above!).
- All pickup-missions are active even when declining help at game start. This is set for testing in EXP so you can send in more feedback. See ‘Debugging Notes’ above!
- Enhanced PDA: Added new Check 'BiomeChanged' to check for entered or left biomes
- PDA: Added new Checks "PlayerLevelUp" and "PlayerStatChanged" to compare player stats with a specified value.
- Setup of PDA Check "PlayerLevelUp":
- use "Value" parameter to specify the level the player has to reach so that the Action gets completed
- example: Value: 5
- use "Names" parameter to specify an expression in the form "stat-name comparison-operator compare-value"
- the action gets completed when the respective stat value changes from a "condition not satisfied" value to a "condition satisfied" value
- this prevents the action from insta-completing if at the moment the Check becomes active the value is already "condition satisfied"
- example: Names: 
- as soon as the player's Food value decreases from 100 or above (condition not satisfied) to below 100 (condition satisfied) the Action gets completed
- supported stat-names: Health, Food, Oxygen (1), ArmorO2 (2), Radiation, Temperature (3)
(1) this is the player's personal little oxygen reserve to not immediately have the "No Oxygen" alarm when, e.g. going under water
(2) this is the oxygen in the armor suit the player has equipped (as displayed in the life stats UI)
(3) this is the player's body temperature
- supported comparison-operators: <, <=, >, >=, ==, !=
- Setup of PDA Check "DayNightChange":
- use "Names" parameter to specify "Sunset" or "Sunrise"
- example: Names: 
- identical to "PlayfieldEntered" and "PlayfieldTypeEntered":
- respectively specify the playfield name or the playfield type name (from "PlanetType" in playfield yaml)
- example for PlayfieldTypeLeft: Names: 
- PDA: Added new Checks "StatusEffectApplied" and "StatusEffectRemoved" (setup via Names parameter)
- PDA: Added new Check "PlantHarvested" (setup like ItemsPickedUp)
- Implementation of supporting a "_PoiGroupsConfig.yaml" file in Prefabs folders.
(see _PoiGroupsConfig_example.yaml in ../Content/Configuration)
- DialogueSystem: Update function OpenHtmlWindow & added CloseHtmlWindow()
(see Dialogues-config-and-examples.txt in ../Content/Configuration)
- Added new config file DamageMultiplierConfig.ecf to allow grouping damage multipliers in one file
(see DamageMultiplierConfig.ecf in ../Content/Configuration)
- DamageMultiplierConfig.ecf: added console command parameter "reloaddata dm" to reload the DamageMultiplierConfig.ecf
- Templates.ecf: Simplified templates & replaced Iron components with PlasticMaterial components for some basic devices and tools (ArmorLight, Chainsaw, small SV/HV generator, Small BA generator,Player Bike,Deco Blocks, Core, Flashlight, Survival Tent); Preparing introduction of Carbon as a dedicated resource.
- Templates.ecf: slightly modified templates (simplified) for medical items following the new progression
- Factions.ecf: now outputting an error message on startup when a faction name contains an illegal character
- DialogueSystem: added variable type dbglobalpoi_int to be globally valid for a poi/npc
- On screen messages for Mitigation & Cures for Status effects updated (Change to a better pic if preferred)
- Changed: Split/added new health packs: Health pack small (restoring 75HP), medium (restoring 250HP) and large (restoring 450HP); Adjusted templates.
- Changed: First Aid Kit now restores up to 250 HP; Detox/Decon Kit do not restore HP anymore. Health Pack does not cure Open Wound anymore
- Changes to Medical items in ItemConfig:
- Removed negative buffs from all of them except:
- RadImmunityShot = unchanged
- EnergyPills - Positive buff chance from 0.8 to 1
- BadTrip chance from 0.1 to 0.35
- PoisonFood chance from 0 to 0.1
- AdrenalineShot - BadTrip chance from 0 to 0.25
- Updated unity to 2021.3.2f1
- Core handling logic change: now if the LAST core gets removed, the structure is set to NoFaction (old: if any core was removed). This allows POIs with more than 1 core for higher difficulty.
- Added console cmd "rd bp" to reload the blueprint headers + poi config yaml files
- Added a warning to the changemode console command
- Added Detector (handheld) as physical device
- New resource rock models:
- Now it is possible to equip light armor and boosters from inventory without an armor locker.
- Implemented a Join Queue system for MP servers (example can found found in the stock dedicated.yaml or paste this in to a current dedicated.yaml):### Number of players that will be put into a waiting queue if the server is full PlayerLoginFullServerQueueCount: 10 ### If specified, the number of parallel logins to a server are restricted to this number. This is important when you expect a big number of people to login at the same time PlayerLoginParallelCount: 5 ### Add steam ids for preferred players that will get a better position in the login queue PlayerLoginVipNames: "steamID1,steamID2,steamID3"
- Optimisations have been done for for the oxygen system. With this you should notice less lag spikes when deconstructing a structure like what was reported here https://empyriononline.com/threads/game-crash-while-building-on-the-wreakage-previously-named-heidleberg-8164.98851/
- ModAPI: Added function IStructure.SetColorOfBlocks(list-of-data) for setting colors of multiple blocks with one function call (and also only one network transfer)
- Distant warp lines not showing after map is open
- Taking off armor with the jetpack still enabled doesn't disable jetpack ability.
- Firing sound plays on loop on death of player.
- Vessel toolbar doesn't update what attached devices have been destroyed until exiting.
- Teleporters in trading station BAO_Waystation-02 were set to off
- Missing icons "Datapads", "ExplorerToken" etc
- Avatar animation glitch after switching from 1PV to 3PV camera. See here https://empyriononline.com/threads/player-pinwheels-in-3rd-person-7178.91846/
- 'NoSkip: True' doesn't work with Description set for chapter start anymore
- Setting up a door with a motion sensor that requires a Token does not block the door
- Possible to get damaged whilst in a cockpit with shields enabled
- BP Group menu: Tags are cleared when POI is saved again
- Added "TalonCrossbowPlayer" to "TalonBasicsAndCommodities"
- Added new Decoration on Mato, Itaka, Taldor and Korro
- Player Start always in Crash Site on Atlon, Mato, Itaka, Taldor and Korro
- Player request: Added deposits back to the Void
- Player request: Changed resources in Cygnus System
- Player request: Reduced deposits on all PvE planets
- Fixed bbcode color tags visible in dialogue window on Traders
- Fixed Wildlife Cam & Weaponized Negotiations Mission
- Fixed Taldor not showing on the System Map
- Fixed Cygnus System couldnt be selected on the Galaxy Map for Warp
- Fixed reward not been given when player completed "The Gold Freighter Mission" successful
- Fixed strange GroundFog on Merdar due to water update
- Fixed spawners on TSO_Polaris01 (wrong faction)
- Fixed typo in Void description
- Fixed typo in Polaris Distillery POIs
- Fixed asteroid names in Golden Phoenix Asteroid Field
- Fixed white sector icons in Cygnus System