Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Please consider supporting us by enabling cookies.
v1.7 Experimental II
Posted on December 1st, 2021 08:13 AM EST
Phase 2 of the version 1.7 Experimental release has just been started!
This update will introduce a few testing planets of a completely new decoration system! For example, the grass under your feet/vehicle will now react correctly to you and your movement and other actions. In addition, we will increase the number of available decorative elements (i.e. plants, trees, stones, etc.) by more than 200, so that entirely new biomes and planet types will be possible in the future.
You can find three test planets for now: A temperate planet and a gas giant snow moon can be found in the system with the sun type 'ContAr1a95'. The third one, an alien type planet, can be found in the center of the galaxy (search for sun type ‘SMbh’). Use the ‘Search SYSTEM’ button on the galaxy map and type in the sun types to the TYPES field.
Note: If you have already visited these systems before the Experimental Update, the test planets will not be found there. We recommend starting a new savegame.
Also note that these planets might or might not be added to the final release, depending on your feedback and the issues that might need to be fixed.
Speaking of things to review: the status effects system, i.e. the diseases including how to heal them, has also been extensively revised and added to this phase update. While the status effects themselves have been largely retained, their interactions have been newly coordinated. There is now also the possibility of using a 'lesser' medicine, although it cannot cure a certain disease, to slow down the progression of that disease!
For the status effects as well as for the new decoration system, please head over to the feedback threads pinned in the EXPERIMENTAL forum!
As always please note:
Report bugs and issues right over here:
Fixed bugs for the Experimental branch can be found here:
Fixed Experimental version bugs can be found there:
For discussing the new and updated features, please head over to the Experimental Feedback forum:
- DECO TEST planet added with new terrain decoration. Go to galax map and search for the 'ContAr1a95' and ‘SMbh’ sun types ( system search > type search).
These planets are currently set up to show some of the upcoming new deco for terrain.
See here for more information & where to leave feedback:
- As mentioned above the status effects system has been extensively revised please use this thread for more information about changes & where to give feedback:
- Reverted change in ship rotation
- Updated Derpacks POI (Exclusively found in Polaris Homeworld Orbit)
- Changed POI sound of Aeon Club POI (Exclusively found in Trader Homeworld Orbit)
- Empyriopedia: Deactivated Doctors Journal, Biologists Guide, Explorers Journal for the time being in order to avoid confusion between game updates until relevant game and mechanic changes are finalized.
- Swapped galactic position of Containment Areas 1a95 and 13b7 to better fit mission progress
- PlayerDrone: adjusted movement/rotation so that it uses less momentum to get it nearer to the new player controller. Use key "AutoLevel" to toggle between "Z rotation enabled" on and off
- Motorbike camera ‘shaking’ & exception that appears in MP when sitting on the motorbike
- Laser pistol iron sight is not correct
- Fix for an exception that can appear mostly when near POI’s that was reported by players